Tuesday, November 22, 2011

What to do?

Help!! I don't know what to do with these two chairs.
.
These chairs are in amazing shape. They look like they were barely used. I asked the woman in charge of the estate sale how much they were... she said thirty dollars for the two. I looked at the flea market friend who had driven.. and she knows me so well, that right away she said of course we can rearrange the car!! So we squeezed them in around all of our precious cargo, (of course this was our last stop of the day, so the car was full to the brim), around the car seats and headed home.
They have wonderful detail on the backs.
I need seating in my livingroom, but my livingroom is not terribly formal and these strike me as formal. I am not sure what I will do with them.

Any ideas or suggestions?

Chris

3 comments:

  1. LOVE your chairs and I wouldn't do anything to them. Add a pillow and enjoy them!
    Happy Thanksgiving!
    Warmly,
    deb

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not sure what your living room looks like, but I've seen great things done with painter's drop cloth for a much more casual look. Perhaps a ticking stipe? I love that juxtaposition of an elegant chair with a simple homespun fabric. But for $30? You HAD to get them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love them too and would keep them as is. What a bargain!
    Jane-Jacksonville

    ReplyDelete