Thursday, November 24, 2011

Happy Thanksgiving! And Skype?


This Thanksgiving my family is in two different places for the holiday. Mr. Math, (my husband teaches high school math.. AKA Mr. Math), and daughters number two and three have all traveled to Atlanta, Georgia, to spend the holiday with daughter number one and her husband. Daughters number four and five are home from college and we are hosting Thanksgiving dinner for two very close, like aunt, and sister close, friends.

Mr. Math usually cooks the turkey, but today it's me. You can't imagine when you tell someone that you haven't cooked a turkey in YEARS, how many suggestions you get on how to cook, and prepare your turkey!!

I also realized that this is the first holiday in 35 years that Mr. Math and I have not been together. So.... it's a little different kind of Thanksgiving for me. And I'm cooking the turkey!! Keep good thoughts for me that I can pull off cooking the bird!

I know that even though we are not all together, the family in Atlanta and those of us in the Santa Clara Valley will have a wonderful day celebrating and giving thanks.

I have to say that I am thankful for the people who have created something called Skype. You can visit with people via your computer regardless of where they are!! And.... it's FREE!! I see a Skype date in our future later today with the family in Atlanta.

Crossing my fingers that cooking a turkey is like riding a bike!!

Wishing you a very Happy Thanksgiving!!

Chris

1 comment:

  1. Hope you had a happy Thanksgiving, Chris, and that your turkey turned out perfectly delish!

    ~Cindy

    ReplyDelete