Monday, November 14, 2011

And They're Off!

Today I shipped the houses that I created for the Christmas ornament swap, hosted by Cindy at Rick, Rack, and Gingham. The houses should arrive at Cindy's on Wednesday. I had to make six houses,to exchange, they were meant to represent our neighborhood of friends in blogland.
Ready to ship to Cindy.


I had a hard time coming up with an idea of what type of house to build. I was at Michaels, the local craft store one night last week looking for inspiration. Not where I normally look for inspiration, but I was really drawing a blank on what kind of house to build. I saw a Martha Stewart hole punch on display and realized that the packing looked just like a house to me.

Sooo...... an idea was born, so to speak. I bought the hole punch, in order to use the packaging as a template...the hole punch is not too bad either. I made a template during my lunch break on Friday, and started tracing.

I will post pictures of the houses I made in the next couple of days.

Crossing my fingers that the houses make it to Cindy's in good shape!!

Chris

No comments:

Post a Comment