Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Showing Off!!

Just a quick post to share "my finds" from this past Saturday's trip to the local junior college flea market. Flea Market Friend and I decided that our challenge would be to spend no more than five dollars on any one item. This Saturday, it was a pretty easy challange. Other than one item that I spent ten dollars on.... I just had to have it for my sewing room. And I had done so well on the challenge, that I could afford to spend the ten dollars. I am not showing a picture of it today, I will share it tomorrow on It's a Very Cherry World's Rednesday.
My plan is to make this little planter into a pin cushion. I will give it as a Christmas present to a friend who LOVES dogs.
I can never pass up the vintage cards. I just love them and the sentiments written inside.
A few vintage linens, the hand towels with the initials ML for my daughter Meredith Lynne.. wrapped with a Christmas ribbon... Perfect!!
The other item I can't seem to pass up is vintage paper products. Just too fun.
One final picture to see all of the goodies I was lucky enough to find at the flea market.

I can't wait for the first weekend in December. The first Saturday, the Flea Market Friends will go the the local junior college flea market, and the first Sunday we make the trek to the Alameda Point Flea Market. We live in the Santa Clara Valley so it's not too far for us, about a hour's drive. It's one of the best flea markets around, nothing new at this flea market! And the month of December's market is pretty terrific!! Tons and Tons of vintage Christmas goodies.

Chris

3 comments:

  1. Holy Guacamole! Those are some fun finds. Love all that vintage Christmas! My husband's parents don't live in Saratoga anymore, but I sure wish they did. We always loved to visit up there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You found some great stuff! I hope you'll post an 'after' picture of the pincushion before you give it away.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy I discovered your blog, Chris (from you finding mine!). Looking forward to reading your future posts:

    ~Cindy
    RetroRevivalBiz.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete