Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Open House!!

I am proud to announce the showing of the houses I made for the ornament swap that Cindy at Rick, Rack and Gingham is hosting. Cindy had a few rules that needed to be followed... we were asked to make houses, representing the neighborhood of friends in blogland. In my last post, I mentioned how I decided on the style of house I would make. This post will show you how the buidling of the houses turned out.
I had them all glued and ready to decorate Friday night. I let them dry over night. My daughter Erin and I spent all day Saturday decorating the houses in our neighborhood. I thought about taking pictures during the the process of pasting, and cutting... but I decided I wasn't ready for the world to see what a mess we had made!!


The houses are waiting to be decorated. We used scrapbooking paper for the house. When shopping with the flea market friends, I can hardly pass up vintage cards. I was really glad I had them on hand for this project. I also downloaded vintage images from the internet to use. We edged the houses with rick, rack and glitter. The glitter was a little messy, but lots of fun to use!!

The houses are starting to take shape. They are ready for windows, buttons, paper dollies, and snow. I also added a vintage Christmas stamp that I found at the flea market a few weeks ago. The stamp is from 1957, the year I was born. Does that make me vintage too?

As Erin and I were looking at the houses, we decided that they needed a "little real estate". Sooo.. we cut up a cereal box to use as a base for the houses and covered them with vintage Christmas sheet music. We add a little Christmas tree and a couple of houses have a sled.


A few pictures of the back of the houses, all sides were decorated!

Wrapping the houses seemed to take me a long time to accomplish. I wanted to make sure that they were just so!! I used clear cellophane wrapping paper, a strip of fabric, and a ribbon. A few mini ornaments and a vintage gift tag from Italy and they were done!!


I had a lot fun building and desiging the houses. I think Erin did too!! Both of us were really happy with the results. I hope the neighbors in blogland like them too!!

Chris

6 comments:

  1. Your houses are darling! I love the way you decorated them and the real estate was the perfect touch. I don't think I'm in your group.....I had to make 7 houses. Bummer! I love how you got your inspiration too. I also wandered around Michaels looking for something to get my creativity going and I ended up with those ornaments. You done good girl!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! I agree. I don't think we're in the same group, but I'm sure the swap will be terrific even if we don't get one of each others houses!! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. These turned out ADORABLE!! I just love all the vintage touches.
    Kudos! : )
    M.L.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lots of cute little details there! I put my little package together today and sent it flying to California! Hope you enjoy our very cherry tag swap and have a happy Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the houses each one so cute. I joined in Cindy's swap but afraid I couldn't complete as many as needed so swapped with Cindy and Debby over at Cozy Blanket what a fun blogland community E in TN

    ReplyDelete