Tuesday, January 10, 2012

F.M.F.....

AKA Flea Market Find....after I took down Christmas at the Xavier Ct. House, I realized that I really liked having something tall near the sliding door in the kitchen. During the Christmas holiday I had a tall Christmas tree decorated with cookie cutters in the empty spot. This isn't the best picture, but you'll get the idea.
Here's a picture of the same spot without the tree.
This past weekend was our local junior college flea market. I was disappointed, not too many vendors. Just as I was ready to leave, I noticed a vendor with some painted pieces of wood. As I got a closer look, I realized that the pieces of wood were really painted cupboards. The vendor told me that he had salvaged them from an old farmhouse in Morgan Hill. They were already painted when he bought the cupboard doors. The more I looked at the doors, I knew I had to buy one.

It was perfect for my empty kichen wall!!

The vendor told me he had taken them to the December Alameda Point Flea Market and had sold them for $35.00 each. He was selling them at the local flea market for $15.00!!

I love it, don't you?

chris

4 comments:

  1. From the photo I can't really tell this is a cupboard door. I see handles there, how interesting for you to find this and then find the perfect spot to use it in your home. I love old wood like this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Chris,
    Love the painted cupboard door! How about something in the corner of your counter top..green plant or silk flowers to match your door?!
    The Valentine cards are for friends...do you want to swap a Valetine??!! Just email me if you do!
    Deb :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. love the cupboard door idea! looks perfect in that spot. I also think Nans idea above is a good idea, to put on plant on the counter.
    was reading your last post as well, doing the toys for tots is a great thing. I work for social services in foster care and every christmas we put a huge party together for hundreds of needy children. Toys for tots always donates a ton of toys to us. the kids love the party and the toys are so important to them!
    have a great week
    xo
    vivian

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello to eνеry , for the гeason that Ӏ am
    genuinely keen of reading thіs ωebsite's post to be updated regularly. It includes nice information.
    Also visit my webpage - forex trade account

    ReplyDelete