Friday, December 23, 2011

Continued.....

Yesterday, I introduced you to the "porch" and front door of the Xavier House. Hold your breath.... today you get to go inside!!!
We have a fairly small and narrow entryway. I have small table that was my nana's in the entryway. The mirror that hangs over the table was my nana's too. I always hang both Mr. Math's and my stockings that we used when growing up on the mirror.
This year I added a small four foot tree to the table. I hung the favors daughter number 5 and I made as favors for the Holiday Tea I was hosting. I like having the tree on the table and I think I will continue this next year. It looks like there are still a few favors hanging on the tree.... I wonder who forgot to take one.
Our living room is where we have our main Christmas Tree. I don't use a color theme, I hang all the ornaments that the girls have made, ones that friends have given us and the vintage ornaments that my parents had. I love opening the boxes and remembering who gave them to us and the funny stories that go with the ornaments the girls made. I also LOVE the vintage shinny brights that belonged to my folks.
The Christmas Tree in the livingroom.
Oops,that little pooch Chloe, is in this pictue!!
Well, that gets you into the Xavier House and into the livingroom.

It's a good thing I'm in charge, it's a half day for my group at work!!

More later....

chris

4 comments:

  1. Chris, I'm finally catching up on all your blog posts...it's been a while!

    Your house is just lovely and your tree is beautiful! My favorite part of Christmas is the link to the past & precious memories -- how nice for you to have your parents' ornaments beside the ones your daughters' made. Thanks so much for posting your Christmas house!

    Have a very Merry & Blessed Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your blog, Chris! I'm late getting to this, but I've nominated you for a Liebster award -- check out my blog for details.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Chris--your tree sounds so pretty and your favors look cute--I'd love to see a closer look, too. I trust your Christmas was happy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Chris and thanks for posting over on Retired in Alaska. This is my first visit to your blog. You asked how long I have lived in Alaska. We came here May 15th 2001. My husband retired from his long time job in Northern CA and we wanted to get away from the population and fast paced life of CA. I lived there all my life and was ready to leave. We have a daughter who lives on Kodiak Island and a son in Temecula, CA.
    Never sorry a minute we came to this beautiful place. Visit me again.
    Nan

    ReplyDelete