Thursday, December 22, 2011

Christmas at Our House

In the next couple of days, I am planning to "show off" how we decorate for Christmas at our house. I'm going to start with the front porch and work my way in. We live in the Santa Clara Valley in California. We have a regular old house, built in the early 60's. We don't have a porch, something I would love to have. Not sure if it ever will happen, but it's fun to dream!!
The snowman on the right is the one my Dad bought for the house I grew up in. I just love it. It's a little worn and has a few cracks, but I put it out every year!
And the porch at night. I have to say I do love looking at our "porch" at night. It looks so festive.
Our front door with our wreath. I use a wreath that I bought from Michaels a few years ago. I have collected vintage picks and pixies to put on this wreath. This year I borrowed an idea from a post that Deb from A Garage Sale Gal put up about her visit to the Bachman Idea House this year. She showed a picture of a wreath with a tea pot front and center.
I thought it was such a great idea, and would be a fun addition to my wreath, especially since I was hosting my ladies group annual Holiday Tea.
Well, this post gets you to the front door of the Xavier House!!

To Be Continued.....

chris

1 comment:

  1. VERY COOL Christmas wreath!!! It's awesome!!!
    Fun peeking at your Christmas decor!
    Merry Christmas!
    Deb

    ReplyDelete