Monday, December 30, 2013

Wrapping Up Christmas!

I wanted to share a few, OK maybe there are more than a few, pictures from this year's Christmas at the Xavier Ct. House. 



my Putz house collection



looking out the kitchen window 


Love these little angels....I found them at a garage sale around the block....and a favorite tag of mine made by Tammy who blogs at Tammy's in Love...she's on a little blog break...sure miss her blog!


For several years in a row, my girlfriends and I went to a Christmas tea held in a historical home in my hometown of Campbell.....and they always decorated the bathtub.....

Every year I looked forward to seeing how the tub was decorated.....the first year I came home and immediately decorated the Xavier Ct. House bathtub. Over the years I have displayed a Christmas village, a Christmas tree with presents and a snowman.......

This year I decided to something simple.....I think the swan swimming in a lake, surrounded by snow is my favorite!
I can decorate my bathtub, because no one in my house uses the tub, so we don't miss having it available for a few weeks.

Christmas Eve, I heard one of my young guests, a four year old, ask his mom where the bathroom was....she said you remember it's the room with the swan in it!



I found this idea on Pinterest....you use three different sized wreaths to make a snowman....I made his hat out of black felt, added two twigs from my backyard for arms and a red scarf finished him off! I was pretty happy with how he turned out!
Not sure I could tell you the last time this California girl made a snowman!!


We had a wonderful Christmas! We were missing my oldest daughter and her husband and of course their daughter Miss Margaret! All the other girls were home.

All I can say is thank goodness for Facetime! We were able to Facetime with them Christmas morning and enjoyed watching Margaret with her presents from us!

Hoping you all had a Merry Christmas!!

Chris




14 comments:

  1. Love your decorations and that swan is so romantic. I already miss Christmas. I'm not ready to put it all away. Happy New Year! Your posts, collections and creativity always put a smile on my face!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness, look at your pretty little swan! I understand missing kids when they can't come home. We only had one of our kids here for Christmas this year, but phone and Skype helps.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love seeing everyones christmas displays! your wreath snowman is wonderful! I may have to do that one of these years. and love the swan in the tub. I only have one bathroom, so my bathtub will never get decorated like that..... oh pooh! would be fun to do!
    Happy New Year!
    xoxo
    vivian

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy New Year! I have never seen a decorated bathtub! How cool! I love your putz houses too :) Happy New Year Hugs! Maggie

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am wrapping up Christmas in my house too:) SO cute snowman made from wreaths! I am going to save this one for next year! Have a blessed and Happy New Year dear friend, HUGS!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your decorations, Chris! I've never heard of a decorated bathtub before --- so lovely with that swan!
    Happy New Year! xo Jane

    ReplyDelete
  7. A swan in the tub! Awesome!

    Love that wreath/snowman idea!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love it all Chris! Wow, the swan in the bathtub is so creative. Your putz house collection is wonderful, and love the snow in the clear glass vignette. Your angels are adorable too. Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love seeing your decorations. I can't get enough of these kind of blog posts. I really like the bathtub, idea, too. The swan in all of the tulle was gorgeous! Having the house, etc. in the big glass vessel filled with "snow"--did you see that idea on Home and Family on the Hallmark channel? I did. I don't have any fun things to put in one, though.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such pretty decorations!!! Wishing you a lovely Happy New Year!! xo Holly

    ReplyDelete
  11. Everything is wonderful! But, I agree - the swan in the bathtub is adorable! You are so creative, and it is such fun to visit you! Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  12. You did a great job decorating your home for the holidays - I especially like the swan in the bathtub! Happy New Year!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I JUST LOVE WALKING THRU YOUR DECORATIONS! Would love to see the face on that little Chinese girl on the bookend some time... also love, love, love that gorgeous tree topper in the candle holder!

    ReplyDelete
  14. What fun this was, Chris! Thank you for the walk through Christmas at your house! Happy New Year to you and yours!

    ReplyDelete